Subject: Re: bug#36431: Crash in marker.c:337

From: Werner LEMBERG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 09:26:26 +0200 (CEST)

>>> > while sending an e-mail with `mew', I get the attached crash.
>>> > This is something new, which I haven't experienced before.  I
>>> > can reliably repeat it.
> 
> Hmm... indeed insert-file-contents takes some shortcuts when
> inserting the new text into the buffer which can break the expected
> invariants.
> 
> I don't really know how to reproduce your bug, but I think I have an
> idea of what might be going on.  Can you try the patch below, to see
> if it fixes your problem?

No, it doesn't fix the problem, unfortunately – mew doesn't start at
all with this patch; the error message shows a string that is
definitely cropped.

My problem is that I have no idea how to reproduce the problem without
mew.  What approach do you suggest?

    Werner