Subject: bug#3643: minibuffer beyond end of screen in emacs23

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 04:50:41 +0800

Can you believe with emacs23, the first time user doing
$ emacs
will get an emacs with the minibuffer inaccessible off the user's
monitor?!

That's right, all he needs is a laptop as regular sized as the one Dr. Stallman
carries around, AND he uses X-windows.

Try this test in emacs23
$ xrdb /dev/null
$ seq 222 > /tmp/v
$ emacs -Q /tmp/v # minibuffer inaccessible off the user's monitor, same with -q
$ emacs -Q -eval '(tool-bar-mode 0)' /tmp/v # needed for emacs23

On my monitor, the file is shown with the bottom line being emacs22: 38,
emacs23: 36.

The problem is with emacs23 the minibuffer is inaccessible, beyond the
bottom.

Apparently developers never tested on anything less than long luxurious
screens or used icewm or something.

emacs-version "23.0.94.1"