Subject: Re: bug#36423: 27.0.50; electric-pair-mode not working properly depending of file content.

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 09:48:01 +0000

Hello, Ergus.

On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 21:32:00 +0200, Ergus wrote:
> Hi Alan:

> Sorry for the bother again. After the fix you did, the "" issue is
> better, but now there are new issues with the {} when I use pragmas for
> example.

OK, thanks!  I've corrected a further problem with " in
electric-pair-mode, and I'm taking the liberty of closing your bug.  ;-)

> I attached you a picture (because this is the easier way to explain it)

This is actually a different bug.  If you haven't done so already, could
you please raise this as a bug in its own right.  Thanks.

Just as a matter of interest, please enclose a copy of the C++ file (or
even better, just the relevant part of it) so as to save me the bother of
having to type it in.  Thanks!

> As you can see it does not recognize the pairs correctly in one
> case. And in the other it does not recognize the () at all. (Maybe the
> second is not exactly the same issue) 

> The main problem is that because of this the automatic indentation is
> affected.

> An interesting thing is that in the line 136 out(vout[0; size]) it works
> correctly. Maybe it has to do with the \ in the pragmas?

> Thanks for the previous patch and in advance for the next ;)
> Ergus

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).