Subject: bug#3641: please more info

From: Mario Frasca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:18:50 +0100

I started using *svn-status* I found it a bit unfortunate that the key
bindings are not the same as *cvs* and that you can't have more than
one buffer at a time.  now I'm starting to contribute to a project
where they use mercurial, and I was looking for an emacs interface and
found *vc-dir*.

one thing, an important thing, I miss here is the possiblity to show
up-to-date files.

why is it filed as a "wish"?
it seems to me an important missing feature!

I tried to implement it myself, but I'm missing a function (I call it
here vc-dir-find-versioned-child-files) that gives me the list of the
files that are under version control.

(defun vc-dir-show-child-files ()
  "expand the directory under the cursor"
  (interactive)
  (let ((files (vc-dir-find-versioned-child-files (vc-dir-current-file)))
        fileentries)
    (when files
      (dolist (crt files)
        (push (list (file-relative-name crt) (vc-state crt))
              fileentries))
      (vc-dir-update fileentries (current-buffer)))))

see also http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5107266