Subject: [bug#36404] [PATCH 0/6] Add 'guix deploy'.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 10:00:03 +0200

Hi Jakob,

[email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze) skribis:

> Something hit me today. There aren't any tests for 'guix system
> reconfigure'. There are for 'guix system init' in
> 'gnu/tests/install.scm', but not for 'guix system reconfigure', which
> makes me think that I'm going about testing this the wrong way. I feel I
> should begin by isolate the behavior that's common between 'guix system
> reconfigure' and 'guix deploy' as you suggested, and then writing tests
> for that common code in the system test suite.

That would be great, especially factorizing these bits.

Note that writing tests could be tricky because it’s about testing the
effect of these reconfigure actions.  At any rate, let us know how it
goes!

> Then, as Ricardo suggested, mocking can be used for the parts that are
> specific only to 'guix deploy'.

Sounds good.

Thank you!

Ludo’.