Subject: [bug#36404] [PATCH 4/4] doc: Add section for 'guix deploy'.

From: [email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze)
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 12:45:30 -0400

Hi Kyle,

Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> nitpick: Following the style used elsewhere in guix.texi, I think this
> "--" and the closing one below should be "---" with no surrounding
> spaces.

Yep, you're right. I cracked open the Texinfo manual and there indeed is
a difference in how the two are parsed: the former is treated as an en
dash while the latter is treated as an em dash. Thanks for pointing that
out!

> This last sentence doesn't quite parse for me.  Perhaps
>
>   A more complex deployment may involve, for example, starting virtual
>   machines through a VPS provider.  In such as case, a different
>   @var{environment} type would be used.
>
> ?

That's much clearer wording. I think I might use that verbatim. Also, I
should probably be using two spaces to end my sentences as you did there
:)

> Repeated "only".

Nice catch!

> Also, as a meta nit: It'd be helpful if you'd mark updated patch
> series with the iteration count (e.g., v3). You can do this with
> git-format-patch's --reroll-count option.

Oh awesome, I'll be sure to start using that.

Thanks for the comments and the kind words,
Jakob