Subject: Re: bug#36402: installation error

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 11:50:42 +0200

Hey,

I pushed the missing file :).

> It might be useful to add calls to ‘gc’ here and there in the tests to
> stress-test memory management.

Inserting gc calls here:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(test-assert "partition-remove extended"
  (with-tmp-device
   "device-extended.iso"
   (lambda (new-device)
     (let* ((device (get-device new-device))
            (disk (disk-new device))
            (partitions (disk-partitions disk))
            (extended-partition (find extended-partition? partitions)))
       (gc) ; <-- Try to destroy disk?
       (disk-remove-partition* disk extended-partition)
       (gc)
       (equal? (extended-partition-count disk) 0)))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

causes a segfault. Is it legal to call GC here? Do you have any clue on
how to investigate what the GC is doing?

Thanks,

Mathieu