Subject: bug#36397: CC Mode 5.34 (C++//l); Bad highlighting on inserting a string

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:19:42 +0100

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 11:49, Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hello, Richard.

    On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 14:28:29 +0100, Richard Copley wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 at 12:11, Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> wrote:

    > > There are more than just that one coding error in this area, and I'd
    > > like to fix them all at the same time.  In the meantime, please try
out
    > > this patch, and let me know how well it works.  Thanks!

    > That seems to work just fine, thank you. I'll keep it in my local
clone
    > of the master branch for the time being.  Thank you.

    OK.  I think this bug is now fixed in the current master, in particular
    after the commit 585fb957399f21a93cbfabd182b76262466797e3 from
yesterday,
    "CC Mode: allow bogusly "adjacent" double quote marks to pair up
    syntactically".

    I've had several bugs with overlapping causes to fix, so apologies that
    bug #36397 kind of got pushed down the stack.

    Could I ask you, please, to check whether the bug is indeed fixed in
    master, and let me know.  If it is, I can then close the bug.

Thanks Alan,
There are still some issues with fontifying strings. I reverted the patch
you provided earlier and rebuilt from master.

>From Emacs -Q, visit an empty or absent file in C++ mode and type the
following (two slashes, a space and a double quote):

// "

Actual: The double quote is highlighted in font-lock-warning-face.
Expected: font-lock-comment-face.