Subject: bug#36386: closed (Re: [bug#36386] [PATCH] gnu: mesa: Fix detection of wayland-scanner pkg-config file.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 15:11:04 +0000

Your bug report

#36386: [PATCH] gnu: mesa: Fix detection of wayland-scanner pkg-config file.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36386: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36386
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#36386] [PATCH] gnu: mesa: Fix detection of wayland-scanner pkg-config file.
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 17:10:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is a patch that enables mesa to build on my machine on the core-updates
> branch as of June 25. Somehow, meson (the build system, not "mesa") fails to
> detect wayland-scanner when the keyword argument "native" is set to true.
> Hopefully this change does not cause trouble with cross-building.

This is due to a regression in Meson 0.51:

<https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/issues/5502>

I reverted the upgrade for now, in commit
fd3594bf3881fb8d4c04f76db0f1a9cbd5fae871.  Thanks!

Subject: [PATCH] gnu: mesa: Fix detection of wayland-scanner pkg-config file.
From: Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 21:53:44 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is a patch that enables mesa to build on my machine on the core-updates
branch as of June 25. Somehow, meson (the build system, not "mesa") fails to
detect wayland-scanner when the keyword argument "native" is set to true.
Hopefully this change does not cause trouble with cross-building.