Subject: bug#36363: let's encrypt hash mismatch

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 20:44:07 +0200

Julien,

Julien Lepiller wrote:
> trying to run guix pull on the overdrive at my place to try and 
> fix a
> bug in openssh which doesn't start at boot, I get this error 
> message:

[…]

>  letsencryptauthorityx3.pem  2KiB     385KiB/s 00:00
>  [##################] 100.0% sha256 hash mismatch
>  for /gnu/store/1drx7dy1zakc0xs60nb0im1jbvxp11dj-isrgrootx1.pem:
>  expected hash: 
>  0zhd1ps7sz4w1x52xk3v7ng6d0rcyi7y7rcrplwkmilnq5hzjv1y
>  actual hash: 
>  0zycy85ff9ga53z1q03df89ka9iihb9p8bjhw056rq2y4rn3b6ac

This will keep happening until we find(/create) a versioned URL 
for these files.  Let's Encrypt like to change them in place.

The last time this happened they'd added CR/LF line endings for no 
reason at all, but this time I don't have the old version around 
anymore…

Kind regards,

T G-R