Subject: bug#36359: 'sentence-end-base' 3 additional symbols

From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 20:29:14 +0200

>> (...) you can get '»' by typing '>>'.
>
> But you end up with » in the buffer, so I don't quite follow how
> having > in sentence-end-base is useful...

You will get » but in generated .PDF, in .TEX it'll be >>.  Just like
'' in .TEX and ” in .PDF.

> So unless anybody objects, I'm adding › and » to the regexp.

Thanks, but I'm worried a bit about spaces they put before closing
quotes.  In the example quotation from your message, at the end, there
is "DOT SPACE 'RIGHT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK'" - regexp
won't recognize this.  Perhaps update to this will do:

    "[.?!…‽] ?[]\"'”’»›)}]*"
	   ^^-these were added

But then I don't know how people who use these quotes, actually use
them, i.e. with or without space?  Because for example: gutenberg.org
-> bookshelves -> Français -> any category/book -> Plain Text (UTF-8),
doesn't use space, as far as I know.