Subject: bug#36357: closed (Re: bug#36357: Wrong Ghostscript program name on MS Win)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 11:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36357: Wrong Ghostscript program name on MS Win

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36357: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36357
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36357: Wrong Ghostscript program name on MS Win
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 14:51:41 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:04:41 +0200
> 
> Variable 'doc-view-ghostscript-program' has value - 'gs' - which is OK
> for Unix and VMS, but NOT OK for MS Windows.  It should be 'gswin32c'.

Fixed, thanks.

> Also the same table says 'gsos2' for OS/2 systems.

Emacs doesn't currently support building and/or running on OS/2.  We
don't have a system-type value for that platform.

Subject: Wrong Ghostscript program name on MS Win
From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
To: Bug GNU Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:04:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Variable 'doc-view-ghostscript-program' has value - 'gs' - which is OK
for Unix and VMS, but NOT OK for MS Windows.  It should be 'gswin32c'.
For details look at the table in "How to Use Ghostscript", chapter
"2.1 Help at the command line: gs -h".

Perhaps it should be done as list of choice, like in case of
'tex-dvi-view-command'?

Or as S. Monnier wrote: "(...) the default could simply
(executable-find "gs") and (executable-find "gswin32c") and use
whichever was found (...)".

Also the same table says 'gsos2' for OS/2 systems.

S. U.

In GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, i686-w64-mingw32)
  of 2019-04-13 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: fd1b34bfba8f3f6298df47c8e10b61530426f749
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601