Subject: 26.1; In re-builder the command `reb-copy' doesn't copy the regex correctly in string mode, Recipe

From: leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 00:15:36 +1000

Recipe
------

1. Start `re-builder'.
2. Build a regex in `re-builder'
3. Switch via C-c TAB to "string" syntax .
4. Copy the regex via `reb-copy'

The result cannot be pasted in any regex replace prompt, but that is
exactly the place where string syntax is used.

System info
-----------

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
of 2018-06-29 built on mobydick
Windowing system distributor 'MobaXterm', version 11.0.10605000
System Description:        Oracle Linux Server release 6.9

Configured using:
'configure --without-gnutls'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBSELINUX
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Javascript-IDE

Minor modes in effect:
  compilation-onewin-mode: t
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  smart-tab-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-discover-mode: t
  discover-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-tracking-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  google-this-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail re-builder markdown-mode
edit-indirect noutline outline follow compilation-onewin
compilation-recenter-end debug dabbrev cl-print vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher autoload pp
lisp-mnt mm-archive network-stream starttls url-http tls gnutls url-gw
nsm url-cache url-auth tabify man dirtrack jka-compr eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch two-column iso-transl
discover-my-major cursor-sensor js2-imenu-extras js2-mode js sgml-mode
dom cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds dired-aux smart-tab
flyspell ispell bash-completion shell-command counsel xdg swiper
ivy-rich smex tsdh-light-theme magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process magit-mode transient git-commit magit-git
magit-section magit-utils crm log-edit message rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async dash discover makey
savehist server yasnippet elec-pair highlight-indentation flymake-proc
flymake warnings company-capf company pcase help-fns radix-tree elpy
find-file-in-project ivy colir color ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt
diff-mode elpy-shell elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor subr-x ido
grep files-x etags xref project cus-edit cus-start cus-load pyvenv
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util python json map find-func quail
real-auto-save css-eldoc css-eldoc-hash-table cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-extra help-mode delsel google-this compile
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap winner tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
parse-time format-spec recentf tree-widget goto-chg locate dired-x
dired-sort-menu ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring dired dired-loaddefs
advice ls-lisp edmacro kmacro deft wid-edit cl ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff buffer-move
windmove finder-inf rx package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache
url-vars seq byte-opt use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key cl-macs gv easy-mmode
use-package-core bytecomp byte-compile cl-loaddefs cl-lib cconv info
easymenu time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1771331 155470)
(symbols 48 54356 2)
(miscs 40 5869 4321)
(strings 32 273146 22284)
(string-bytes 1 9947929)
(vectors 16 112705)
(vector-slots 8 2456788 90014)
(floats 8 642 1495)
(intervals 56 162153 14806)
(buffers 992 84)
(heap 1024 122479 7342))