Subject: bug#36344: nix-build

From: Kevin Stalker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 19:48:09 +0100

Hi,

I am running a newly installed Ubuntu and I have installed nix in single
user mode. I ran nix-build and got the following list of errors.

It says I should report this to you!

This is a brand new machine with little else going on, I'm a novice, so I
expect its my fault.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

K

============================================================================
Testsuite summary for GNU coreutils 8.29
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 603
# PASS:  462
# SKIP:  136
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  5
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
============================================================================
See ./tests/test-suite.log
Please report to [email-masked]
============================================================================
Makefile:11843: recipe for target 'tests/test-suite.log' failed
make[4]: *** [tests/test-suite.log] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/build/coreutils-8.29'
Makefile:11949: recipe for target 'check-TESTS' failed
make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/build/coreutils-8.29'
Makefile:12204: recipe for target 'check-am' failed
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/build/coreutils-8.29'
Makefile:11729: recipe for target 'check-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/coreutils-8.29'
Makefile:12206: recipe for target 'check' failed
make: *** [check] Error 2
builder for
'/nix/store/5shh8n5yxpqs4bjq4wixn0h1qfq84jaa-coreutils-8.29.drv' failed
with exit code 2
cannot build derivation
'/nix/store/6i2lx7nnr4n7v03n9zgxkcwfhi1ak95c-stdenv-linux.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation
'/nix/store/wna2rd5sfc2j2diymg3d861sk1lw1w37-stdenv-linux.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation
'/nix/store/f55zhmy4r8clp4kiylym6gc4fnalr8jh-source.drv': 1 dependencies
couldn't be built
error: build of '/nix/store/f55zhmy4r8clp4kiylym6gc4fnalr8jh-source.drv'
failed