Subject: bug#36339: generated .pc files leaks build-time LDFLAGS

From: Cyprien Nicolas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 11:19:52 +0200

Hello,

According to the pkgconfig generated files, Libs.private contains the 
build-time LDFLAGS (-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed).

These flags are private to the way I built guile, and should not affect 
packages using guile later.

I have observed this behavior in guile-2.0, 2.2.5 and 2.9.2.

-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----
Name: GNU Guile
Description: GNU's Ubiquitous Intelligent Language for Extension
Version: 2.0.14
Libs: -L${libdir} -lguile-2.0 -lgc
Libs.private:  -lgmp -lltdl -L/usr/lib64/../lib64 -lffi	\
   -lunistring -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed  -lcrypt  -lm   		\
      		\

Cflags: -I${pkgincludedir}/2.0 -pthread
----->8----->8----->8----->8----->8-----

Gentoo Bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/590904
The (1) part seems resolved somehow.

Thanks,
Cyprien