Subject: Bug found while upgrading a GuixSD installation

From: Brandon Irizarry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 00:08:41 -0400

Hello all,

I ran 'sudo guix pull && guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm', and
eventually got this:

|following redirection to `https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...
Backtrace:
           3 (apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure 1135300>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    705:2  2 (call-with-prompt _ _ #<procedure default-prompt-handle?>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  1 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 11ea140>)))
In guix/ui.scm:
  1583:12  0 (run-guix-command _ . _)

guix/ui.scm:1583:12: In procedure run-guix-command:
In procedure put-string: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting open
output port): #<closed: string 15563f0>
@ substituter-failed
/gnu/store/5dzq0p9kmf9qdz77i9i76ljv5gqrn5cf-utf8proc-2.1.1 256 fetching
path `/gnu/store/5dzq0p9kmf9qdz77i9i76ljv5gqrn5cf-utf8proc-2.1.1' failed
with exit code 1
@ substituter-started
/gnu/store/k3fsjph2l6zlq8chyd4vddik61z5c6vb-valgrind-3.15.0
/gnu/store/v5lad91n9wsnxqfqdy76mmsjc1fm8v0c-guix-0.15.0-7.f5a2724/libexec/guix/substitute
killing process 32127
Backtrace:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:29 19 (map1 (("gettext" #<package [email-masked]?>) ?))
   592:29 18 (map1 (("perl-module-build" #<package perl-module-?>) ?))
   592:29 17 (map1 (("docbook-xsl" #<package [email-masked]?>) ?))
   592:29 16 (map1 (("libxml2" #<package [email-masked] 5986370>) # ?))
   592:29 15 (map1 (("xsltproc" #<package [email-masked] 5986000>) ?))
   592:29 14 (map1 (("docbook-xml" #<package [email-masked] ?>) ?))
   592:29 13 (map1 (("perl-yaml-tiny" #<package perl-yaml-tiny@?>) ?))
   592:17 12 (map1 (("texlive" #<package texlive-tiny@49435 291?>) ?))
In ./guix/packages.scm:
   979:16 11 (expand-input #<store-connection 256.99 5d186c0> #<pac?> ?)
   936:16 10 (cache! #<weak-table 531/883> #<package texlive-tiny@4?> ?)
  1255:22  9 (thunk)
  1188:25  8 (bag->derivation #<store-connection 256.99 5d186c0> #<?> ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:29  7 (map1 (("bash" #<package [email-masked] 5d33bb0>) ("?" ?) ?))
   592:29  6 (map1 (("texlive-bin" #<package texlive-bin@201804?>) ?))
   592:17  5 (map1 (("texlive-dvips" #<package texlive-dvips@49?>) ?))
In ./guix/packages.scm:
   979:16  4 (expand-input #<store-connection 256.99 5d186c0> #<pac?> ?)
   936:16  3 (cache! #<weak-table 531/883> #<package texlive-dvips@?> ?)
  1255:22  2 (thunk)
  1188:25  1 (bag->derivation #<store-connection 256.99 5d186c0> #<?> ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:17  0 (map1 (("dvips-font-maps" #<origin #<<svn-referenc?>) ?))

srfi/srfi-1.scm:592:17: In procedure map1:
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &store-protocol-error
[message: "some substitutes for the outputs of derivation
`/gnu/store/kbgb2nk9v8d8dwai6m7bmshcz7mi1sy9-utf8proc-2.1.1.drv' failed
(usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build
derivation from source " status: 1] ed3990>)'.
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/akdga04lmxrq34w9jc7n96jrfnvavjrk-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"f205f6be7a077e3ffd1df6602aee5d15d44675ce"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "9be92490b5746ba702e765b8bd4afcf1d76675d2"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.