Subject: bug#36329: 26.2; file-size-human-readable issues

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 10:33:04 +0200

I could spot 2 issues with file-size-human-readable:

1. Trailing ".0".  Compare

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(file-size-human-readable 2047)
"2.0k"
(file-size-human-readable 2048)
"2k"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

2. Spurious "i" in 'iec mode for bytes:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(file-size-human-readable 1 'si)
"1"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.8)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12005000
Recent messages:
Compilation finished. (No warnings)  [0.00 secs]
Highlighting notes...
Compilation finished. (No warnings)  [0.00 secs]
Preparing compilation log...
Compilation finished. (No warnings)  [0.00 secs]
History item: 12; current regexp: ^(file-size-human-readable 2047 'iec)$
History item: 0; current regexp: ^(file-size-human-readable 2047 'iec)$
History item: 0; current regexp: ^(file-size-human-readable 2049 'iec)$
; pipelined request... (swank-repl:listener-eval "(file-size-human-readable 2159 'iec)
History item: 0; current regexp: ^(file-size-human-readable 2159 'iec)$

Configured using:
 'configure
 CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash
 SHELL=/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash
 --prefix=/gnu/store/9nrncjaxygfrr9q749pymcw3l9vywh0k-emacs-26.2
 --enable-fast-install --with-modules --disable-build-details'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/