Subject: Re: bug#36315: 27.0.50; SVG transparency handling is inaccurate

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 15:04:22 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The patch also removes the entry for gdk-pixbuf, so the situation is
>> not getting worse.
>> 
>> FWIW, if we want to fix bug#35548 (use of rsvg_handle_write and
>> rsvg_handle_close that are being deprecated), then we will need to add
>> an entry for gio.
>
> We clearly disagree, and I already said I didn't think this is worth
> an argument.  Feel free to do whatever you see fit.

As I understand this thread, moving to Cairo for SVG images fixes at
least two problems: The transparency issue, and it also allows us to
scale SVGs, both of which seem like nice additions.

There were a number of proposed patches in this thread -- which one is
the one that we should apply here?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no