Subject: bug#36315: 27.0.50; SVG transparency handling is inaccurate

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 05:32:41 +0300

> From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 16:25:49 +0000
> Cc: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 2:12 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > So on balance, I prefer the original fix, which was much simpler.
> > Assuming it fixed the problem, of course (I didn't try).
> 
> I prefer the other fix, for what it's worth, probably for the same
> reasons you don't: it makes it easier to add more fancy features
> editors don't need, such as true image transparency and SVG
> animations. librsvg has painful limitations such as not allowing us to
> pass in a foreground color (it simply uses black), but maybe that'll
> be better one day, and then this patch would make it easier for us to
> use the new features.
> 
> The fix looks more complicated than it is because it changes
> indentation (for the better) and removes a misleading comment.

Are we talking about the same "other fix"?  I was talking about the
one that uses Cairo calls directly.  Changes in indentation is not
what makes it more complex than the patch you suggested.