Subject: bug#36280: 26.2.90; 'emacs -Q' receives SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:19:55 +0300

> From: VanL <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 00:17:25 +1000
> 
> The cut-out sections are included as follows:
> 
> 1. 26.2.90 'emacs -Q' runs but has a SIGSEGV before ever being useable
>    a. unfortunately I didn't have symbols included in the build
>    b. see gdb bt
>    c. gmake build completed successfully
>    
> 2. 26.2.90 attempt to 'configure' with symbols and warnings, etc
>    a. gmake build failed to complete

Thanks for your effort.  I guess someone with access top a Darwin
system will have to debug this, because the information you posted
doesn't help in understanding what went wrong.

What is needed is at least a C-level backtrace pointing to the
location in the sources where Emacs crashes.