Subject: bug#36276: Not found .so files in bundle made by guix pack

From: Andréas Livet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 22:21:42 +0200

Hi Ludo,
> You might want to pass -RR to get a relocatable binary.  :-)

Yes, I'm uploading the new tarball on the server, it's a bit slow...

I didn't understand what did -RR option at first, but now it's seems to 
be a good (maybe the only?) option for installation outside the / 
directory (which is not a problem for me because I have root privilege 
on the server, just that admin sys doesn't want us to install tools like 
Docker, guix, etc. because he'll have to maintain the server after) .

> Could you make sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset?

Yes it is unset. This problem is driving me crazy, I can't understand 
why it can find libQt5Gui.so.5 and not libQt5Core.so.5

As far as I understand how dynamic linking is done under linux, the 
binary looks for .so files that it depends on inside folders define in 
the binary itself and on the operating system (/lib, /lib64).

And when it founds an .so with the corresponding name it stops, then 
search for another .so (if there is one).

Then how can it not found this .so file ?

* I've check it with sha1sum, it's clean.

* I check it with "nm -D" it contains all the symbols.

* I've check the binary with "chrpath -l 
/gnu/store/5xqmac50axcgc8vrrn30jvzndjvrqd6a-scribus-1.5.4/bin/.scribus-real", 
it contains 
"/gnu/store/890yw9i7lcjnnxhlza8r121352xpb1hi-qtbase-5.11.3/lib" which 
contains libQt5Core.so.5

I really can't see what's the problem here... Hope it will work with the 
tarball generated with -RR, but it will leave the problem unsolved...

Again, thanks for your help and what you're doing for guix,

Andréas