Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: rust: fix building bootstrap chain

From: Ivan Petkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 20:06:37 -0700

I tried deleting the gnu/packages/patches/rust-1.30-gdb-llvm.patch file since
it is now unused, but after doing so the build fails with a cryptic backtrace.

Anyone have any ideas why?

--Ivan

Backtrace:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:29 19 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty ced…> …))
   592:29 18 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty ced…> …))
   592:29 17 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty ced…> …))
   592:29 16 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type syslog 42b50…> …))
   592:17 15 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type guix 27825a0…> …))
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   196:43 14 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (gnu tests install) c9f01e0>) #) #))
   293:34 13 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (gnu tests install) c9f01e0>) #) #))
   293:34 12 (_ #(#(#(#(#<directory (gnu packages package-…> …)) …) …))
   174:20 11 (_ #(#(#(#(#<directory (gnu packages package-…> …)) …) …))
   177:49 10 (lp (#<procedure 1839e280 at ice-9/eval.scm:282:4 (e…> …))
   177:49  9 (lp (#<procedure 1839e260 at ice-9/eval.scm:282:4 (e…> …))
   177:49  8 (lp (#<procedure 1839e240 at ice-9/eval.scm:282:4 (e…> …))
   177:32  7 (lp (#<procedure 1839e220 at ice-9/eval.scm:182:7 (env)>))
In unknown file:
           6 (force #<promise #<procedure 5b90da0 at ice-9/eval.scm:…>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   293:34  5 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages package-management…> …)))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    829:9  4 (catch git-error #<procedure 183a1ac0 at ice-9/eval.sc…> …)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   293:34  3 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (guix git-download) 253daa0> #)) #))
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  2 (fold #<procedure 17fb2340 at ice-9/eval.scm:336:13 (a…> …)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   293:34  1 (_ #(#(#<directory (guix git-download) 253daa0> "/…") …))
In unknown file:
           0 (lstat "/home/ivan/import/guix-rust-upgrade/gnu/package…")

ERROR: In procedure lstat:
In procedure lstat: No such file or directory: "/home/ivan/import/guix-rust-upgrade/gnu/packages/patches/rust-1.30-gdb-llvm.patch"