Subject: Re: [bug#36258] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: monero: Update to 0.14.1.0.

From: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 22:38:08 +0200

On 2019-06-17 10:44, Guillaume LE VAILLANT wrote:
> * gnu/packages/finance.scm (monero): Update to 0.14.1.0.
> * gnu/packages/patches/monero-use-system-miniupnpc.patch: Update file.
> ---

Thanks for the patch!

I tried building it with 4GB ram and 4GB swap but it failed with this 
error which I suspect is memory-related.

I'm building it again now with -c 1 and it got past this point :) I will 
review further once it is done.

make -f src/wallet/CMakeFiles/obj_wallet.dir/build.make 
src/wallet/CMakeFiles/obj_wallet.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/build'
[ 32%] Building CXX object 
src/wallet/CMakeFiles/obj_wallet.dir/wallet2.cpp.o
cd /tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/build/src/wallet && 
/gnu/store/n2p1zs14y89lwkg9da68y12pc10c6sw9-gcc-5.5.0/bin/c++ 
-DAUTO_INITIALIZE_EASYLOGGINGPP -DBLOCKCHAIN_DB=DB_LMDB 
-DDEFAULT_DB_TYPE=\"lmdb\" -DHAVE_EXPLICIT_BZERO -DHAVE_HIDAPI 
-DHAVE_STRPTIME -DPER_BLOCK_CHECKPOINT 
-I/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/external/rapidjson/include 
-I/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/external/easylogging++ 
-I/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src 
-I/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/contrib/epee/include 
-I/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/external 
-I/gnu/store/yl1vi61qmvvh83amwiwaik7s7jc03n5z-openssl-1.0.2p/include 
-I/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/build/translations 
-I/gnu/store/2bpljhwxmm4w50ah93g80wrpzipzji2v-unbound-1.9.1/include 
-I/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/external/db_drivers/liblmdb 
-I/gnu/store/0rqzg8jrmvza1a6n9qg26j6dpy49850c-hidapi-0.8.0-rc1/include/hidapi 
-isystem 
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include 
-pthread -maes  -fno-strict-aliasing -std=c++11 -D_GNU_SOURCE   -Wall 
-Wextra -Wpointer-arith -Wundef -Wvla -Wwrite-strings -Wno-error=extra 
-Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-parameter 
-Wno-unused-variable -Wno-error=unused-variable -Wno-error=undef 
-Wno-error=uninitialized -Wlogical-op -Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized 
-Wno-error=cpp -Wno-reorder -Wno-missing-field-initializers  -fPIC 
-Wformat -Wformat-security -fstack-protector -fstack-protector-strong 
-fno-strict-aliasing -ftemplate-depth=900 -O2 -g -DNDEBUG   -o 
CMakeFiles/obj_wallet.dir/wallet2.cpp.o -c 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp
In file included from 
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include/boost/detail/endian.hpp:9:0,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/external/boost/archive/portable_binary_archive.hpp:25,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/external/boost/archive/portable_binary_iarchive.hpp:33,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/cryptonote_basic/cryptonote_boost_serialization.h:40,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/cryptonote_basic/account_boost_serialization.h:34,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/wallet/wallet2.h:46,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp:47:
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include/boost/predef/detail/endian_compat.h:11:161: 
note: #pragma message: The use of BOOST_*_ENDIAN and BOOST_BYTE_ORDER is 
deprecated. Please include <boost/predef/other/endian.h> and use 
BOOST_ENDIAN_*_BYTE instead
  #pragma message("The use of BOOST_*_ENDIAN and BOOST_BYTE_ORDER is 
deprecated. Please include <boost/predef/other/endian.h> and use 
BOOST_ENDIAN_*_BYTE instead")

                  ^
In file included from 
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include/boost/random/detail/integer_log2.hpp:19:0,
                  from 
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include/boost/random/detail/large_arithmetic.hpp:19,
                  from 
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include/boost/random/detail/const_mod.hpp:23,
                  from 
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include/boost/random/detail/seed_impl.hpp:26,
                  from 
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include/boost/random/mersenne_twister.hpp:30,
                  from 
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include/boost/uuid/random_generator.hpp:17,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/contrib/epee/include/net/network_throttle.hpp:61,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/contrib/epee/include/net/network_throttle-detail.hpp:40,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/contrib/epee/include/net/abstract_tcp_server2.h:59,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/contrib/epee/include/net/http_server_impl_base.h:36,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/wallet/message_transporter.h:35,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/wallet/message_store.h:46,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/wallet/wallet2.h:65,
                  from 
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp:47:
/gnu/store/pz22lgiw476i9fla6ds5f1shchndk7ny-boost-1.69.0/include/boost/pending/integer_log2.hpp:7:89: 
note: #pragma message: This header is deprecated. Use 
<boost/integer/integer_log2.hpp> instead.
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp: 
In member function ‘void 
tools::wallet2::get_outs(std::vector<std::vector<std::tuple<long 
unsigned int, crypto::public_key, rct::key> > >&, const std::vector<long 
unsigned int>&, size_t)’:
/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/monero-0.14.1.0-checkout/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp:7729:12: 
warning: variable ‘existing_ring_found’ set but not used 
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]
        bool existing_ring_found = false;
             ^
c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [src/wallet/CMakeFiles/obj_wallet.dir/build.make:66: 
src/wallet/CMakeFiles/obj_wallet.dir/wallet2.cpp.o] Error 4
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-monero-0.14.1.0.drv-0/build'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2456: 
src/wallet/CMakeFiles/obj_wallet.dir/all] Error 2

-- 
Cheers Swedebugia