Subject: [bug#36258] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: monero: Update to 0.14.1.0.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 15:32:16 +0200

Hi swedebugia and Guillaume,

Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]> skribis:

> swedebugia a écrit :
>
>> It times out:
>>
>>
>>       Start  1: hash-target
>>  1/13 Test  #1: hash-target ......................   Passed    1.00 sec
>>       Start  2: core_tests
>> building of `/gnu/store/y35w9qpz1v9k7srxajpaqch4s7l8mind-monero-0.14.1.0.drv'
>> timed out after 3600 seconds of silence
>> @ build-failed
>> /gnu/store/y35w9qpz1v9k7srxajpaqch4s7l8mind-monero-0.14.1.0.drv - timeout
>>
>> http://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/5n9alpgkb7kmv87gwn30fbwqmpd6k138-monero-0.14.1.0

Yeah, like I wrote earlier, this test takes a lot of time, and so,
depending on the machine, it might take longer than the
max-silent-timeout.  Not great.

> We could disable 'core_tests' in the test phase if the time they take is
> a problem. The other enabled tests should only take 5 or 10 minutes
> I think.

I’d rather not disable tests just because they take a long time.

An obvious workaround would be to have the test machinery display some
sort of progress report or really anything that shows it’s still “doing
something” so that we don’t hit max-silent-timeout.

Do you know if the build system or CTest has a flag that would make it
more verbose?

Thanks,
Ludo’.