Subject: bug#36252: 26.1; bibtex-generate-autokey does not use use date field

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 23:01:02 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ryan Kavanagh <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 06, 2019 at 04:55:47PM +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>>> (This reminds me -- Emacs should really have a parser that can parse
>>> all ISO8601 variants.  There's parse-iso8601-time-string, but it only
>>> handles the simplest of the formats...)
>>
>> Perhaps that should be the first step, and then the committed fix to
>> this bug can just use that.
>
> I've implemented a proper iso8601 parser now, but hasn't merged with the
> Emacs trunk yet because I haven't done the entire test suite yet.  It's
> on the scratch/iso8601 branch if you want to check it out.

The iso8601 parser is in the trunk now, so if you could rework your
patch based on that, that'd be nice.  The function to use is
`iso8601-parse'.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no