Subject: Re: bug#36250: [PATCH v3] Allow Emacs to be resized arbitrarily

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 17:56:31 +0300

> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 15:32:11 +0300
> From: Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Oh well, let's close this then. I'd still like to improve documentation 
> for frame-resize-pixelwise to mention that this variable needs to be 
> changed before Emacs window appears. Because until Martin mentioned 
> that, it looked like the variable doesn't work.
> 
> Shall I mention that change in "NEWS"? Can I send the patch into this 
> topic?

Yes, you can send the patch under this topic.  But the change
shouldn't be in NEWS, because this issue is nothing new, we are just
improving its documentation.  The change should be in the manual and
possibly also in the doc string of the variable (although the latter
already says to set it in the init file).

Thanks.