Subject: Re: bug#36250: [PATCH] Improve a bit frame-resize-pixelwise documentation

From: Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 14:27:14 +0300

В Ср, июн 19, 2019 at 19:16, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> 
написал:
>>  From: Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]>
>>  Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 23:35:02 +0300
>> 
>>  * src/frame.c (syms_of_frame): remove from the second paragraph bits
>>  of text that duplicate the first paragraph, and mention that the
>>  variable needs to be set before a frame started.
> 
> I don't see why you needed to remove part of the text.  It isn't a
> repetition: the first sentence talks about frames in general, the
> second only about the initial frame.  The bit about the init file is
> only relevant to the latter.

The specific part of text being removed sounds as"in order to set the 
size of a frame in pixels, ", which explains what happens when variable 
is non-nil.

However, if you read both of two paragraphs of documentation, you may 
find that the 1st paragraph already explains the technical details 
behind the variable, and the "non-nil" word in particular appears twice.

At that point, if reader came to 2nd paragraph, they probably know what 
Emacs does when variable is non-nil; or at least they know where to 
look that up. So, repeating that part again does nothing aside of 
wasting one's mental resources used to parse the sentence.