Subject: bug#36235: 26.1; reftex-toc-rename-label prompt incorrect

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 16:01:25 +0200

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Kavanagh <[email-masked]> writes:

> The reftex-toc-rename-label function is used to rename labels from the
> TOC buffer. When the proposed new label already exists, the function
> warns the user of this fact and asks the user to confirm their intent.
>
> Unfortunately, it uses the wrong label name in the prompt: it warns
> the user that the old label already exists instead of warning the user
> that their proposed label already exists
>
> Please see attached for a patch fixing this issue.

Thank you for this bug report and the suggested fix.  I submitted your
change (plus another minor issue) to Emacs repo and it will be fixed in
Emacs 28.1[1].  My apologies that this issue took so long :-(

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?h=emacs-28&id=915e044d60dfde0953327cb9cbfe8bb0f69e5dd4