Subject: [bug#36230] [PATCH] Add emacs-multi-term

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 16:59:16 +0200

Hello,

Baptiste Strazzulla <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 3118853b54988c68828c5e7e266d4959151b64cf Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Zzull <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 22:32:19 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-multi-term
>
> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-multi-term): New variable

[...]

> +    (arguments
> +     `(#:phases
> +       (modify-phases %standard-phases
> +         ;; FIXME: `patch-el-files' crashes with the following error:
> +         ;; unable to locate "zsh".

Then I think you should add zsh as an input, such that ‘patch-el-files’
can modify the .el file to refer to zsh by its absolute file name.

> +    (description
> +     "By default, term.el provides a great terminal emulator in Emacs.  But it
> +lacks the following:

Could you replace this description by one that says what
emacs-multi-term is/does, rather than what term.el doesn’t do well?  :-)

See
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Synopses-and-Descriptions.html>.

Thank you!

Ludo’.