Subject: bug#36199: Newsboat: HTTPS urls broken

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 10:14:27 +0200

Hello Robert,

Robert Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, I have nss-certs included in the packages field of the OS 
> declaration.
> I tried explicitly installing it for my user account but it did not 
> affect the
> bug at all.

OK, so I finally was able to test newsboat (I do not use it usually)

This is my current Guix generation (on foreign distro):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Generation 26	Jun 20 2019 17:35:43	(current)
  guix ace8e26
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: ace8e269a40b31a9c6f413c0674529880da6a48e
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I installed newsboat, imported (`newsboat -i ~/Desktop/test.opml`) a few
test feeds in opml:

and then started `newsboat`: I was able to fetch and read all the https
feeds I imported

Can you plase confirm you still get this error?

If so, what's your current guix generation and plase attach an
opmlexport containing the offending URL(s)?

Thanks! Gio'.

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures