Subject: bug#36180: Problem with non ASCII chars in Libreoffice and zsh on foreign distro

From: Andréas Livet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 14:11:27 +0200

Hello Ludo,

Thanks for your reply !

> Did you install ‘glibc-locales’ and set ‘GUIX_LOCPATH’ as explained in:
>
>    https://gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Application-Setup.html#Locales
>
> ?
Yes
> You must make sure ‘GUIX_LOCPATH’ is defined in the environment of
> LibreOffice and zsh.

Good catch for Libreoffice, I didn't thought about that since I use to 
open LO files with Thunar (it raise an other question : how to set 
GUIX_LOCPATH for applications that I do not from command line, but it's 
not related to guix).

But for zsh, `GUIX_LOCPATH` was already setted.

Each time I type a non ASCII letter, eg `é` it display : 
`<ffffffff><ffffffff>`

> Do you see any locale-related warnings?
I had those warnings but fix them with instructions given in 
https://issues.guix.info/issue/36074
> Thanks for reporting the issue!

And thank for taking tare of it ! :D

Andréas