Subject: Wishlist: Display key bindings of menu entries to the right on MacOS

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:45:48 +0200

The menu entries shows key bindings when available.  They are
appended to the string "FOO" as "FOO (C-x)" for example.

In GTK on my GNU/Linux system the information in the parentheses
is taken out and is displayed to the right.  This mirrors the
behaviour of many other GTK applications.

On MacOS, the parenthesis are not converted in such a way, and the
text is instead displayed as is.  This is not consistent with
other MacOS applications.

It would be good if we could show the keybindings of menu entries
to the right also on MacOS.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 19, x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0, NS
appkit-1404.47 Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G22010))
 of 2019-06-10 built on Stefans-MBP
Repository revision: 082f6405334d4cffaa77cf17dccb3e64e923cdfd
Repository branch: tooltip
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.11.6