Subject: bug#36172: 27.0.50; linking error in git head on macos: _aligned_alloc

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 14:17:47 -0700

On 6/11/19 1:14 PM, Sam Steingold wrote:
> $ gcc e.c
> e.c:6:13: warning: 'aligned_alloc' is only available on macOS 10.15 or newer
>        [-Wunguarded-availability-new]
>    char *p = aligned_alloc (8, 1);
>              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

So your include files declare alloc_aligned and it links, but it doesn't 
run? Sounds like your development environment is messed up.

You might try running the shell command 'xcode-select --install'; this 
solved a similar problem when building Ruby, as described in 
<https://github.com/rbenv/ruby-build/issues/1133>.

Or you might try configuring with flags that say "build for the macOS 
I'm currently running, not for some future version of macOS". Perhaps 
something like "-mmacosx-version-min=10.14"? I don't use macOS so I'm 
afraid you may have to do some research here. 
<https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=15518> may help you 
get started.