Subject: Re: bug#36171: 25.1; Emacs displays Hebrew text incorrectly

From: Raoul Comninos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 20:00:57 +0200

I think we can sign off on this issue. I have not seen the problem recur 
in any of my documents.

Once again, thank you very much for all your help. It is a great relief 
for me to resolve this issue.

Kind regards

Raoul Comninos

On 2019/06/14 14:22, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> From: Raoul Comninos <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:51:21 +0200
>>
>> If I start Emacs with emacs -Q -xrm Emacs.fontBackend:xfthb I still see
>> xft.
>>
>> However, I have moved (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(font-backend
>> xfthb)) to the front of my .emacs and this appears to have resolved the
>> problem. I no longer see circles and the Hebrew font is properly displayed.
>>
>> Thank you very much Eli for your help with this. I am going to test it
>> today further just to make sure but so far however, all seems well.
> And thanks to Robert for testing on GNU/Linux.
>
> Please come back in a day or two and tell if you see any problems, I'd
> like to close the bug report if no other problems remain.
>
> Thanks.