Subject: Re: bug#36171: 25.1; Emacs displays Hebrew text incorrectly

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 15:22:52 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Raoul Comninos <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:51:21 +0200
> 
> If I start Emacs with emacs -Q -xrm Emacs.fontBackend:xfthb I still see 
> xft.
> 
> However, I have moved (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(font-backend 
> xfthb)) to the front of my .emacs and this appears to have resolved the 
> problem. I no longer see circles and the Hebrew font is properly displayed.
> 
> Thank you very much Eli for your help with this. I am going to test it 
> today further just to make sure but so far however, all seems well.

And thanks to Robert for testing on GNU/Linux.

Please come back in a day or two and tell if you see any problems, I'd
like to close the bug report if no other problems remain.

Thanks.