Subject: Re: bug#36167: [PATCH] Replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 05:42:04 +0300

> Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 03:29:29 +0300
> From: Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Unless you meant completely automatically generating the ChangeLog
> > entries, which is a wholly different can of worms.
> 
> Yeah. It would be very useful, because had you not write that this 
> could be automated, I'd never guessed.

It's in CONTRIBUTE, btw.

> And even now that you wrote about it, I still don't understand how
> to make it work. I guess I'm not an unique contributor in such
> position.

If you have never used "C-x 4 a", you should indeed learn how to use
it efficiently.

> But I think possibility of such change may be better to discuss in a 
> separate thread.

I very much doubt that log-message creation could be automated.  For
starters, there's a human decision how to group the entries and what
to write as the description of the changes themselves.