Subject: bug#36167: [PATCH] Replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 17:36:46 +0300

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 09:32:23 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > And then on subsequent similar changes you can say 'Likewise.' (whilst
> > still mentioning the enclosing function)
> 
> There's no need to say 'Likewise', just leave all but the last entry
> without a message, see CONTRIBUTE:
> 
>     - Preferred form for several entries with the same content:
> 
>         * lisp/menu-bar.el (clipboard-yank, clipboard-kill-ring-save)
>         (clipboard-kill-region):
>         * lisp/eshell/esh-io.el (eshell-virtual-targets)
>         (eshell-clipboard-append):
>         Replace option gui-select-enable-clipboard with
>         select-enable-clipboard; renamed October 2014.  (Bug#25145)
> 
>       (Rather than anything involving "ditto" and suchlike.)

Yes, the above is the preferred format.  "Likewise", "ditto", etc. are
just useless noise, since you have to go to the first entry anyway to
understand what was done.

Also, please note that typing "C-x 4 a" in several functions without
adding any text after the colon will automatically extend the list of
names in parentheses, so all you have to do is write the description
of the change once after you type "C-x 4 a" in all the functions where
you made the same change.