Subject: Re: bug#36167: [PATCH] Replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:03:04 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:29:25 +0300, Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]> said:

If this is fixing a bug, then please put '(Bug#36167)' somewhere in
the commit message (I normally put it as the last thing in the
preamble, before the detailed list of changes). See 'Commit messages'
in CONTRIBUTE for extensive documentation.

    Konstantin> * etc/schema/od-schema-v1.2-os.rnc: replace
    Konstantin> [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    
This is the org schema file for OpenDocument export, not emacs
lisp. Does that support :xdigit: syntax?

    Konstantin> * lisp/calc/calc-aent.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with
    Konstantin> [[:xdigit:]]
    
Normally, you'd mention the containing function in the ChangeLog
entry. Using 'C-x 4 a' (ie 'add-change-log-entry-other-window') with
point on the code youʼre changing does that for you.

    Konstantin> * lisp/calc/calc-ext.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with
    Konstantin> [[:xdigit:]]
    
And then on subsequent similar changes you can say 'Likewise.' (whilst
still mentioning the enclosing function)

    Konstantin> * lisp/calc/calc-lang.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/cedet/semantic/java.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/cedet/semantic/lex.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/emulation/cua-rect.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/gnus/gnus-art.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/gnus/mml-sec.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/gnus/nneething.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/international/mule-cmds.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/net/shr-color.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/nxml/rng-cmpct.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/nxml/rng-uri.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/nxml/rng-xsd.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/nxml/xmltok.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/org/org-mobile.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/progmodes/ada-mode.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/progmodes/cc-mode.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/progmodes/ebnf-dtd.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/progmodes/hideif.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/progmodes/prolog.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/textmodes/css-mode.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/textmodes/sgml-mode.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/version.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * lisp/xml.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]
    Konstantin> * test/src/emacs-module-tests.el: replace [0-9a-fA-F] with [[:xdigit:]]

Robert