Subject: bug#36167: [PATCH v2] Replace manually crafted hex regexes with [[:xdigit:]]

From: Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 12:34:32 +0300

> Thanks, I pushed this.
> 
> The log message was mis-formatted, which required me to tediously fix
> it by hand. Please in the future format the entries using "C-x 4 a"
> or similar commands, to avoid that, okay? In particular, lines longer
> than 78 characters abort "git am", so please verify this doesn't
> happen in the patches you submit. "C-x 4 a" and friends format the
> entries with leading TABs which you can later remove with "C-x TAB",
> and that produces the optimal results, including when the log messages
> are later used to generate ChangeLog files in the release tarballs.

Thank you! And sorry about that. I wanted to take a look this weekend 
for problems you mentioned, but haven't got time. Anyway, IIRC I have 
used "C-x 4 a" to create the commit message, but then I re-formatted it 
to look more similar to other commits I've seen. Probably I shouldn't 
have touched it…

About git-am: this is unfortunate, I think I haven't seen this problem 
because apparently "git" refuses to execute local hooks if one have set 
global hooks with "hooksPath" variable (which since recently I use to 
pre-format commit message based on modified paths, etc). I'll see what 
can be done with it.

P.S.: I replied on top level since for some reason my email client 
(Geary) refused to reply the last message directly.