Subject: bug#36150: ERROR: testsuite/inplace-selinux.sh

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 21:41:39 -0500

Hello,

Assaf Gordon <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 09, 2019 at 03:37:31PM +0530, Vineet Jain wrote:
>> I was building sed from scratch. While running the tests I had this single
>> failure for testsuite/inplace-selinux.sh
>> It looks like following was the reason for error.
>> inplace-selinux.sh: set-up failure: CONFIG_HEADER not defined
>> 
>> Do let me know if you need any more information.
>> 
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
> Yes - more information is needed.
>
> This error comes from 'init.cfg' in the 'require_selinux_' function.
> It happens when the system supports SELinux (based on
> /proc/filesystems), but during the './configure' step, somehow
> the generated Makefile did not contain a 'CONFIG_HEADER = config.h'
> statement (very strange).

I ran into this bug when building Sed via GNU Guix running on top of
Fedora 31.  This means I was building Sed version 4.7 from the release
tarball.

The generated Makefile did set “CONFIG_HEADER”.  However, I noticed that
“CONFIG_HEADER” was absent from the list of variables propagated into
the test environment (see the “TEST_ENVIRONMENT” variable in
“testsuite/local.mk”).  Adding it there allowed the test to be skipped
rather than causing a hard error.

Hope that helps!  Let me know if you need more information or anything,
as I should be able to reproduce this error easily.

-- Tim