Subject: bug#36145: 26.2; Unable to "trigger another backtrace"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 13:41:53 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> And it's also possible to trigger another backtrace with 'e', if using
>>> it from a frame above the debugger's.  I bump into this every so often
>>> by accident, and it's quite annoying.  Of course, I'm always in the
>>> middle of debugging something else so I forget about it, but I'd like to
>>> change it.  Patch attached.
>
> Yes, that's super duper annoying, and it'd be really great to get that
> fixed.

I respun the patch, and observed that it did, indeed, not work, so I've
reworked it (instead of inhibiting the debugger, I just use
condition-case in these commands), and it now seems to work fine.  Oh,
and instead of having a prefix, I added a user option (both because I
think some people want to have the old action always, and because the
prefix was already taken in edebug now).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no