Subject: Re: bug#36145: 26.2; Unable to "trigger another backtrace"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 23:19:52 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

>> And it's also possible to trigger another backtrace with 'e', if using
>> it from a frame above the debugger's.  I bump into this every so often
>> by accident, and it's quite annoying.  Of course, I'm always in the
>> middle of debugging something else so I forget about it, but I'd like to
>> change it.  Patch attached.

Yes, that's super duper annoying, and it'd be really great to get that
fixed.

>> Subject: [PATCH] Suppress recursive debugger for 'e' command (Bug#36145)
>
> Uh, in my haste to put something down before I forgot about it again, I
> neglected to test this properly; it doesn't actually work.  So I guess
> consider just the doc part of the patch as the proposal, something
> working to follow later.

This was two years ago -- did you get any further with this?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no