Subject: bug#36144: 27.0.50; Xref problems

From: Risto Lahe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2019 07:43:28 +0300

--text follows this line--
Helm-xref and ivy-xref packages have stopped working on master. Other guy
in #emacs IRC have confirmed it too.

recent commits containing “xref” in their subject:

- 49a363c875c66f3d937a7d33e1a1451227a1887d
- 1cadab78e242834adab0fae3cb1feb691d52f8c5
- 62349fe82ad42d7d2a7fb19e40860ee5d6ebd017
- e309818ecee190727d85c6f3f878c99445d06cfe
- 157d506dd73df15b6a80d06f3c15e4a899c4ef81
- 0597c1b94e5206e980865c6513e923280a3c3ce1
- cd7a0bd00802b9331229dfe4a70ea9690d2d70fc
- d0df779224f56eef777f6e75063e49bfb434f9e0
- 5ce082d636a6e321994cc807d3dea9374e17d34b
- 2843945c5fb7179b96bdab71528f57b2e4a30517

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2019-06-09 built on system
Repository revision: 1043cd30acffcc0b61da4a80dcf3f8a5ac459267
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12005000
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Recent messages:
Loading /home/lhe/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-silent-rules
 --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-vcs-27.0.9999
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-vcs-27.0.9999/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-27-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-27-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-27-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus
 --with-modules --without-gameuser --with-gpm --with-json
 --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2
 --without-mailutils --without-selinux --with-gnutls
 --without-libsystemd --with-threads --without-wide-int --with-zlib
 --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf --with-libgmp
 --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif
 --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm
 --without-imagemagick --with-xft --without-cairo --without-libotf
 --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-xaw3d 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -march=native -pipe' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ XFT ZLIB LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  popwin-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  helm-flx-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
mail-utils winner flx helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace
helm-info popwin elec-pair evil evil-keybindings evil-integration
undo-tree diff cl evil-maps evil-commands ffap reveal flyspell ispell
evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states
evil-core evil-common derived windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs
evil-vars helm-xref xref project ring helm-flx helm-mode helm-files
helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp
format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm-config helm-easymenu
async-bytecomp helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib
async edmacro kmacro general flycheck find-func rx dash doom-one-theme
doom-themes doom-themes-common quelpa-use-package advice quelpa
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree diminish cl-extra
help-mode use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core finder-inf site-gentoo mule-util info package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 528418 300164)
 (symbols 48 23627 21)
 (strings 32 123849 24579)
 (string-bytes 1 3483457)
 (vectors 16 37417)
 (vector-slots 8 568457 158166)
 (floats 8 208 434)
 (intervals 56 466 536)
 (buffers 992 13))