Subject: bug#36135: installer wifi password prompt

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2019 21:42:10 +0200

Hello,

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * The wifi screen doesn't automatically scan for wifi network, it would
>   be nice if it did it when you first get to that screen.
> * The password prompt is not hidden, it's a simple text prompt.
> * The password prompt was not large enough for my password, so I was
>   unable to connect. I had to use connmanctl from another tty to
>   connect.
> * Even if already connected (outside of the installer), we still have to
>   choose a network. The connected network is marked with a '*' so the
>   code should be able to access that information, I think.

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/installer/newt/wifi.scm (run-wifi-password-page):
> Add an #:INPUT-SHOW-CHECKBOX? to the input page.

[...]

> +                  #:input-show-checkbox? #t))

It’s called #:input-hide-checkbox? AFAICS.

You can double-check that it builds without warnings with:

  guix system vm -v2 gnu/system/install.scm

Please add a “Partly fixes …” line.  This fixes both the password length
and the password visibility issues since ‘run-input-page’ will now use
FLAG-SCROLL.

Thanks!

Ludo’.