Subject: segmentation fault in Totem

From: Laura Lazzati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 15:09:35 -0300

Hi!

I found a segmentation fault that happens with the current totem
version that is installed with Guix. It occurs when the application is
closed.
I found it runnig Guix on top of an Ubuntu 18.04 distro. Then I tested
it over a Fedora 30 and a Debian 9. Lastly, with Guix System v1.0.1.

The outputs differ a little, but in all cases the three main lines appear:

---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
(totem:25833): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:50:35.676:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:25833): libpeas-WARNING **: 12:51:21.053: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:25833): libpeas-WARNING **: 12:51:21.053: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found
------------------------------end here
---------------------------------------------------

Note that it happens with different file formats.
In foreign distros, the version that comes with them – that changes
depending on the distro - runs normally.

Here are the otputs for:

*Ubuntu 18.04
---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
totem videos/03-help/en_US/videos/1.clino.03-help.webm

Gtk-Message: 12:50:34.021: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

Gtk-Message: 12:50:34.028: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

(totem:25833): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:50:35.676:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:25833): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:50:36.363: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node slider
owner GtkScale)

(totem:25833): libpeas-WARNING **: 12:51:21.053: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:25833): libpeas-WARNING **: 12:51:21.053: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found

(totem:25833): Totem-CRITICAL **: 12:51:21.081:
totem_skipto_update_range: assertion 'TOTEM_IS_SKIPTO (skipto)' failed

(totem:25833): Totem-CRITICAL **: 12:51:21.087:
totem_skipto_set_seekable: assertion 'TOTEM_IS_SKIPTO (skipto)' failed

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
----------------------------end here
------------------------------------------------------

*Fedora 30
---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
(totem:2481): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:49:11.797:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:2481): libpeas-WARNING **: 18:53:27.814: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:2481): libpeas-WARNING **: 18:53:27.814: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
----------------------------end here
------------------------------------------------------

*Debian 9
---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
(totem:2481): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:49:11.797:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:2481): libpeas-WARNING **: 18:53:27.814: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:2481): libpeas-WARNING **: 18:53:27.814: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
----------------------------end here
------------------------------------------------------

*Guix System 1.0.1

---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
totem ojosDeCielo.mp4

(totem:1367): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:39:00.850: Could not load a pixbuf
from /org/gtk/libgtk/theme/Adwaita/assets/bullet-symbolic.svg.

This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.

(totem:1367): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:39:00.919:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:1367): libpeas-WARNING **: 14:39:08.435: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:1367): libpeas-WARNING **: 14:39:08.435: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found

Segmentation fault
----------------------------end here
------------------------------------------------------