Subject: bug#36118: closed (Re: bug#36118: segmentation fault in Totem)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 03:00:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36118: segmentation fault in Totem

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36118: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36118
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36118: segmentation fault in Totem
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Laura Lazzati <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 22:59:41 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Laura,

Laura Lazzati <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I found a segmentation fault that happens with the current totem
> version that is installed with Guix. It occurs when the application is
> closed.
> I found it runnig Guix on top of an Ubuntu 18.04 distro. Then I tested
> it over a Fedora 30 and a Debian 9. Lastly, with Guix System v1.0.1.

I can't reproduce any segmentation fault, when running with guix shell
--pure totem -- totem' (although in this way I get some popup about
dbus, but that's not a crash).

Closing, please reopen if it's still an issue.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: segmentation fault in Totem
From: Laura Lazzati <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 15:09:35 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

I found a segmentation fault that happens with the current totem
version that is installed with Guix. It occurs when the application is
closed.
I found it runnig Guix on top of an Ubuntu 18.04 distro. Then I tested
it over a Fedora 30 and a Debian 9. Lastly, with Guix System v1.0.1.

The outputs differ a little, but in all cases the three main lines appear:

---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
(totem:25833): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:50:35.676:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:25833): libpeas-WARNING **: 12:51:21.053: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:25833): libpeas-WARNING **: 12:51:21.053: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found
------------------------------end here
---------------------------------------------------

Note that it happens with different file formats.
In foreign distros, the version that comes with them – that changes
depending on the distro - runs normally.

Here are the otputs for:

*Ubuntu 18.04
---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
totem videos/03-help/en_US/videos/1.clino.03-help.webm

Gtk-Message: 12:50:34.021: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

Gtk-Message: 12:50:34.028: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

(totem:25833): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:50:35.676:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:25833): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:50:36.363: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node slider
owner GtkScale)

(totem:25833): libpeas-WARNING **: 12:51:21.053: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:25833): libpeas-WARNING **: 12:51:21.053: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found

(totem:25833): Totem-CRITICAL **: 12:51:21.081:
totem_skipto_update_range: assertion 'TOTEM_IS_SKIPTO (skipto)' failed

(totem:25833): Totem-CRITICAL **: 12:51:21.087:
totem_skipto_set_seekable: assertion 'TOTEM_IS_SKIPTO (skipto)' failed

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
----------------------------end here
------------------------------------------------------

*Fedora 30
---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
(totem:2481): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:49:11.797:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:2481): libpeas-WARNING **: 18:53:27.814: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:2481): libpeas-WARNING **: 18:53:27.814: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
----------------------------end here
------------------------------------------------------

*Debian 9
---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
(totem:2481): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:49:11.797:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:2481): libpeas-WARNING **: 18:53:27.814: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:2481): libpeas-WARNING **: 18:53:27.814: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
----------------------------end here
------------------------------------------------------

*Guix System 1.0.1

---------------------------start here
------------------------------------------------------
totem ojosDeCielo.mp4

(totem:1367): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:39:00.850: Could not load a pixbuf
from /org/gtk/libgtk/theme/Adwaita/assets/bullet-symbolic.svg.

This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.

(totem:1367): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:39:00.919:
gtk_window_present_with_time() should not be called with 0, or
GDK_CURRENT_TIME as a timestamp, the timestamp should instead be
gathered at the time the user initiated the request for the window to
be shown

(totem:1367): libpeas-WARNING **: 14:39:08.435: Type not found in
introspection: 'PeasActivatable'

(totem:1367): libpeas-WARNING **: 14:39:08.435: Method
'PeasActivatable.deactivate' was not found

Segmentation fault
----------------------------end here
------------------------------------------------------