Subject: bug#36114: Can't run preview latex after deleting prv files

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 14:43:56 +0200

Berthold Lorke <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am not 100% sure what exactly my specific intention was, but I am
> pretty sure that my point in the end was just that if I were to,
> intentionally or accidentally, delete those files, it seems to have
> "bricked" preview latex for that document.  As in, I was not able to
> ever make it work again.
>
> Since I deleted all local (with respect to the latex document) files,
> and these weren't generated again, I assumed that maybe somewhere else
> it is recorded that there are supposed to be some files somewhere that
> now no longer exist, so I wondered where this was recorded.  Or I
> didn't understand the problem correctly.
>
> I will try to recreate the behaviour, thank you for your time!

Thanks for your reponse.  I suggest we close this report for now.  We
can reopen this if the issue is still present and you have a recipe to
reproduce this.  Sorry it took so long.

Best, Arash