Subject: Re: bug#36114: Can't run preview latex after deleting prv files

From: Berthold Lorke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 22:31:29 +0100

Hello!

> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
> at the time.)

Thank you for taking the time!

> I don't understand the intention behind it: If you start preview with
> 'C-c C-p C-b', you're fine, but why do delete the files above
> unconditionally?  Remove them after your session, or use 'C-c C-p C-c
> C-b' to delete them.

I am not 100% sure what exactly my specific intention was, but I am 
pretty sure that my point in the end was just that if I were to, 
intentionally or accidentally, delete those files, it seems to have 
"bricked" preview latex for that document.  As in, I was not able to 
ever make it work again.

Since I deleted all local (with respect to the latex document) files, 
and these weren't generated again, I assumed that maybe somewhere else 
it is recorded that there are supposed to be some files somewhere that 
now no longer exist, so I wondered where this was recorded.  Or I didn't 
understand the problem correctly.

I will try to recreate the behaviour, thank you for your time!

-- 

Berthold Blatt Lorke