Subject: Re: bug#36111: Support cleveref labels in AUCTeX and RefTeX

From: Ryan Kavanagh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 09:51:16 -0400

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 09:40:18PM +0200, Arash Esbati wrote:
> I don't have complete TeXlive installed, but is there a plain.cls
> available somewhere?

Sorry, I hadn't actually run LaTeX on that test file, and was just using
it for AUCTeX debugging. I somehow remembered the "minimal" class as
being called "plain". Replacing
    \documentclass{plain}
by
    \documentclass{minimal}
will get it compiling.

> Your example above works for me.  I suspect that AUCTeX is still loading
> the old style.  Can you please restart Emacs, load your test .tex file
> and hit `C-h e', and check from which directory the file cleveref.el is
> loaded?

Aha, that's the problem (and thanks for teaching me about `C-h e'):

Loading /home/rak/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/style/cleveref.elc...done

The problem seems to be that I was setting TeX-style-private at the
bottom of my .emacs, after the stuff loading AUCTeX. Moving the setting
to the start of my ~/.emacs resulted in:

Loading /home/rak/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/style/cleveref.elc...done

The new cleveref.el you provided fixes the bug. Thanks!

Best,
Ryan

-- 
|)|/  Ryan Kavanagh      | GPG: 4E46 9519 ED67 7734 268F
|\|\  https://rak.ac     |      BD95 8F7B F8FC 4A11 C97A