Subject: bug#36087: closed (Re: [bug#36087] [PATCH 0/9] Add further Aspell dictionaries.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 15:13:01 +0000

Your bug report

#36087: [PATCH 0/9] Add further Aspell dictionaries.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36087: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36087
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#36087] [PATCH 0/9] Add further Aspell dictionaries.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Jens Mølgaard <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 17:11:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Jens Mølgaard <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I have added some additional Aspell dictionaries. I wasn't sure whether
> to separated them out or not, as they're not quite stand-alone packages,
> so I'll send them as a patch series - squish them together in one commit
> if that makes more sense.

I’ve applied them all and adjusted the commit log to follow our
conventions.  Thanks!

There’s a minor issue: the URL computed for the pt-pt dictionary is
incorrect, because the URL should read “pt_PT” and not “pt-pt”.  It
turns out that the tarball was found on the tarballs.nixos.org
content-addressed mirror, so it builds flawlessly.  However, it’d be
nice to adjust ‘aspell-dictionary’ so that it can compute the right
upstream URL for edge cases like this one.

Would you like to give it a try?

> In case I or someone else wants to add them in the future, some older
> dictionaries such as Icelandic and Norwegian Bokmål contain non-utf8
> filenames and will fail to build. Ludovic suggested adding glibc-locales
> as input and a pre-unpack phase to do (setlocale LC_ALL
> "en_US.iso88591").

Future work!  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/9] Add further Aspell dictionaries.
From: Jens Mølgaard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 22:37:32 +1200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

I have added some additional Aspell dictionaries. I wasn't sure whether
to separated them out or not, as they're not quite stand-alone packages,
so I'll send them as a patch series - squish them together in one commit
if that makes more sense.

In case I or someone else wants to add them in the future, some older
dictionaries such as Icelandic and Norwegian Bokmål contain non-utf8
filenames and will fail to build. Ludovic suggested adding glibc-locales
as input and a pre-unpack phase to do (setlocale LC_ALL
"en_US.iso88591").

--
Jens Mølgaard

Jens M (9):
  gnu: Add Arabic Aspell dictionary.
  gnu: Add Belarusian Aspell dictionary.
  gnu: Add Danish Aspell dictionary.
  gnu: Add Finnish Aspell dictionary.
  gnu: Add Hindi Aspell dictionary.
  gnu: Add Maori Aspell dictionary.
  gnu: Add Norwegian Nynorsk Aspell Dictionary.
  gnu: Add Portuguese Aspell Dictionary.
  gnu: Add Ukrainian Aspell Dictionary.

 gnu/packages/aspell.scm | 69 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 69 insertions(+)

-- 
2.21.0